Forum Search...

Login Forums Learning Lab | WOOP Post your WOOP – July 2023

Tagged: 

• Post your WOOP – July 2023

Posted by Noa Kageyama on July 1, 2023 at 12:01 am

What projects or goals are you working towards this month?

If you find yourself needing a bit of motivation this month, try setting a WOOP, whether big or small and seeing if a little public accountability might help nudge you along in the coming weeks  😁

Noa Kageyama replied 8 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Mavi Pedrero (Cello)

July 2, 2023 at 4:19 pm

July’s WOOP: Trying TimeBoxing as my new productivity tool

<font face=”inherit”>In case you are wondering, this is “T</font>imeBoxing”: <font face=”inherit”>https://hbr.org/2021/09/whats-the-1-productivity-tool-for-me-its-timeboxing</font>

<b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: var(–bb-body-text-color);”>WISH – To translate both my practice hours, to-do list and family time into blocks of time.

OUTCOME – Hopefully, to be (and feel) more productive and efficient!

OBSTACLE Life can happen! 🙂 July is a month in which I have to deal with tons of work until the 15th, and then, vacation. Ideally I would like to embrace this system so I can “timebox” my work and personal schedules.

PLAN – I would be having my “management moment” every Sunday evening for the upcoming week, and then I would revisit it by day the night before.

• Noa Kageyama

Administrator
      July 3, 2023 at 7:29 pm

That’s great! Will look forward to hearing how this goes in the coming weeks!

• Noa Kageyama

Administrator
      August 4, 2023 at 10:11 am

Hey @Mavi ! How’d timeboxing work out for you?

There's an LIVE component too! (for educators)

If you’d like to explore some of the most essential skills and techniques in the course live, with a cohort of curious, thoughtful, supportive, and like-minded educators (and a few mildly irreverent or benevolently sarcastic folks mixed in to make sure we don’t get too serious), that’s also an option!

Starting Thursday, February 3rd, we’ll meet via Zoom once a week, and go through selected strategies related to effective practice, managing nerves, and achieving flow states under pressure. We’ll do some in-class playing experiments (don’t worry – you’ll be muted!), short weekly homework assignments, and small-group breakout sessions to help you integrate these new skills into your teaching.

This 6-week live course is normally $199, but is available at 50% off the regular cost when bundled with Beyond Practicing. For more details about the live course (and dates) CLICK HERE.