Forum Search...

Login Forums Beyond Practicing Forum dealing with corrupted auditions Reply To: dealing with corrupted auditions

• liesbeth lambrecht

November 23, 2022 at 3:49 pm

Hi again and thank you again for your time!

Well it is indeed interesting to think about what exactly makes the process different to me… I spend a lot of time on the computer recording now and focussing on making ‘the perfect take’ of each excerpt, I will try to work towards making run throughs to see what the weak spots are and to be able to make a final take that I like.

Although this sounds like it should be not so different than working towards a live audition, it does feel very different to me. I feel like I need to spend a lot of time to becoming bulletproof when I prepare for a ‘normal’ audition, whereas this feels much more introspective. Somehow the fact that you can redo the recording is reassuring, although I also fear the fact that you can redo it endlessly… ????

I also wonder about the recording technically. Whenever I am recording for cd’s, I record it quite closeby in a very dry acoustic at home. But this way of recording is very different then playing a live audition where you need to project and try to make use of the acoustics of the room. I wonder if this might give the best impression…

There's an LIVE component too! (for educators)

If you’d like to explore some of the most essential skills and techniques in the course live, with a cohort of curious, thoughtful, supportive, and like-minded educators (and a few mildly irreverent or benevolently sarcastic folks mixed in to make sure we don’t get too serious), that’s also an option!

Starting Thursday, February 3rd, we’ll meet via Zoom once a week, and go through selected strategies related to effective practice, managing nerves, and achieving flow states under pressure. We’ll do some in-class playing experiments (don’t worry – you’ll be muted!), short weekly homework assignments, and small-group breakout sessions to help you integrate these new skills into your teaching.

This 6-week live course is normally $199, but is available at 50% off the regular cost when bundled with Beyond Practicing. For more details about the live course (and dates) CLICK HERE.