Forum Search...

Login Forums Beyond Practicing Forum warm up for audition Reply To: warm up for audition

• liesbeth lambrecht

November 17, 2021 at 5:14 am

Hello Noa,

thank you so much for your response.
    That was more or less what I was thinking of indeed… I think I might go for the headphones… I just found the 3-part mini-series with the three musicians from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra on your website which was giving some interesting thoughts as well.

Another difficulty I find to be ‘intimidating’ (I am very easily intimidated on auditions) is to suddenly play in a hall where I have never played before, mostly with very different acoustics then in the warming up room… I assume getting as much experience in practicing in different rooms can be helpful, but do you have more specific tips on where to focus on? I mean is it best to stay in my ‘bubble’ (which might end up being to small and not projecting??) or do you actively listen for the sound in the hall and can you somehow get that into the routine of practicing in (small) rooms? If that makes any sense…

Thank you!

Liesbeth

There's an LIVE component too! (for educators)

If you’d like to explore some of the most essential skills and techniques in the course live, with a cohort of curious, thoughtful, supportive, and like-minded educators (and a few mildly irreverent or benevolently sarcastic folks mixed in to make sure we don’t get too serious), that’s also an option!

Starting Thursday, February 3rd, we’ll meet via Zoom once a week, and go through selected strategies related to effective practice, managing nerves, and achieving flow states under pressure. We’ll do some in-class playing experiments (don’t worry – you’ll be muted!), short weekly homework assignments, and small-group breakout sessions to help you integrate these new skills into your teaching.

This 6-week live course is normally $199, but is available at 50% off the regular cost when bundled with Beyond Practicing. For more details about the live course (and dates) CLICK HERE.