Forum Search...

Login Forums Beyond Practicing Forum About super fast practicing Reply To: About super fast practicing

• Ernesto Galicia Pacheco

August 7, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Hi Noa

This really made sense to me and I started to use it as a tool for my exam. I noticed that I could get a few notes sounding the way I wanted at a fast tempo, and even though sometimes I made mistakes I already made, I could correct them with not much effort and nail the phrase. I’m still about to make further research about starting with the last note (I’ve found a thesis about it, I think i’ts called back chaining), but so far I’ve experienced positive results with adding one note at a time at tempo, even trying a similar approach to nail Smash Bross combos 🙂 Thanks a lot!

There's an LIVE component too! (for educators)

If you’d like to explore some of the most essential skills and techniques in the course live, with a cohort of curious, thoughtful, supportive, and like-minded educators (and a few mildly irreverent or benevolently sarcastic folks mixed in to make sure we don’t get too serious), that’s also an option!

Starting Thursday, February 3rd, we’ll meet via Zoom once a week, and go through selected strategies related to effective practice, managing nerves, and achieving flow states under pressure. We’ll do some in-class playing experiments (don’t worry – you’ll be muted!), short weekly homework assignments, and small-group breakout sessions to help you integrate these new skills into your teaching.

This 6-week live course is normally $199, but is available at 50% off the regular cost when bundled with Beyond Practicing. For more details about the live course (and dates) CLICK HERE.