Forum Search...

Login Forums Beyond Practicing Forum Help with Positive Thinking Reply To: Help with Positive Thinking

• nancichannel3communications-ca

February 26, 2018 at 11:36 am

Hi Anthony and Noa,
    Wow, that is a lot to think about, Anthony.

I have about 40% hearing loss in both ears and wear hearing aids, which changes how I hear certain things (I play cello and my new hearing aids make the open A string tuning sound like I’ve got a super-vibrato going on…). I have been working with an audiologist to tweak the settings – she had me bring in my cello so that we could test them. I wonder if your other ear will adjust and/or compensate for you? Is a hearing aid a possibility for your left ear? I have heard that sometimes also helps with tinnitus.

I think it’s wonderful that you are looking for ways to stay positive now, before you go through this ordeal. One of my colleagues recently introduced me to a power word challenge. I chose a word (he has an e-book with some suggestions or you can create your own), and then found a way each day to reflect on that word and what it meant – for example, posting on instagram, writing in a journal, taking a photo, etc. I did a 30-day challenge and it really helped me stay positive and focused. Happy to forward you his e-book if you think it would help!
    Take care,
    Nanci

There's an LIVE component too! (for educators)

If you’d like to explore some of the most essential skills and techniques in the course live, with a cohort of curious, thoughtful, supportive, and like-minded educators (and a few mildly irreverent or benevolently sarcastic folks mixed in to make sure we don’t get too serious), that’s also an option!

Starting Thursday, February 3rd, we’ll meet via Zoom once a week, and go through selected strategies related to effective practice, managing nerves, and achieving flow states under pressure. We’ll do some in-class playing experiments (don’t worry – you’ll be muted!), short weekly homework assignments, and small-group breakout sessions to help you integrate these new skills into your teaching.

This 6-week live course is normally $199, but is available at 50% off the regular cost when bundled with Beyond Practicing. For more details about the live course (and dates) CLICK HERE.