Forum Search...

Login Forums Beyond Practicing Forum Private: i can't download the audio or videos on my iPad. Reply To: Private: i can't download the audio or videos on my iPad.

• Noa Kageyama

Administrator
    November 22, 2016 at 11:33 am

Ah yes, the audio and video files are compressed and packaged as “zip” files to keep them all together (rather than having to download each one separately).
    Here is how to open them on an iPad:
    1. Download an app called WinZip in the iPhone app store (there’s a free version with ads).

2. When you go back to the course and click on the download button for the audio files, it might take a little bit for the phone to respond, but eventually you’ll get a white screen with the file listed right in the middle. Select the “Open in…” option in your upper left, and choose the WinZip program.

3. If it’s your first time using WinZip, it’ll walk you through some introductory screens, but just keep swiping through, select the free version (unless you want to pay to get rid of ads), and you should be presented with the file. Click on the file, and you’ll see the individual chapter MP3’s or video files listed, which you can then play by clicking on them.

Hope that makes sense! Let me know if you run into any snags.

There's an LIVE component too! (for educators)

If you’d like to explore some of the most essential skills and techniques in the course live, with a cohort of curious, thoughtful, supportive, and like-minded educators (and a few mildly irreverent or benevolently sarcastic folks mixed in to make sure we don’t get too serious), that’s also an option!

Starting Thursday, February 3rd, we’ll meet via Zoom once a week, and go through selected strategies related to effective practice, managing nerves, and achieving flow states under pressure. We’ll do some in-class playing experiments (don’t worry – you’ll be muted!), short weekly homework assignments, and small-group breakout sessions to help you integrate these new skills into your teaching.

This 6-week live course is normally $199, but is available at 50% off the regular cost when bundled with Beyond Practicing. For more details about the live course (and dates) CLICK HERE.